Safe Roof Climbing

Gary Schwartz garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 00:34:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996 K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>      Working on a roof is IMO more dangerous than working on a tower.  I
> always rig up a safety line when doing any roof work.  You can anchor it to
> the chimney; this is where your tower safety equipment, harness, ropes and
> carabiners come in real handy.  If getting to the chimney is precarious,
> throw a rope over the peak and anchor it to something on the other side.
>  Then use it to get to the chimney.

DON'T TIE THE ROPE TO THE BUMPER OF THE CAR IN YOUR DRIVEWAY !!!

I remember hearing a story (urban legend ?) where the guy's XYL decided to
take a drive.  She was a 1/2 mile down the street before she noticed that
she was dragging "something" .

73,
Gary K9GS
 /   FP/K9GS, TO5M   |Society of Midwest Contesters |____________________