Concrete

Keith Morehouse-WB9TIY blckhole@ripco.com
Thu, 06 Jun 1996 10:02:18 -0500

Tim S. Ellam wrote:

> OK
> Here is my dillema-I need to pour cement for my 54' Delhi Self
> Supporting Tower-the base is 3'X3'X4'-Due to the shape of my yard
> there is no way a cement truck can get anywhere near the hole ....
>
> ....The other idea is to have the cemnt truck back in as far as
> possible and then do a relay of wheelbarrows to fill the hole(even
> more work!)

Go ahead and get 2 other guys (who know how to use wheelbarrows - yeah,
I'm serious...) and have three 'barrows ready.  The R E A L ones like
contractors use, not those phony little ones.

I did this for a 7x7x4 hole several years ago.  We moved 8 yards3, MOL,
with three wheelbarrows within whatever the concrete companies standard
"wait time" was (45 minutes ???).  No problem - small amount of sweat -
finished job !  Then you can brag to the wife about how man-ly you are -
arrr-arrr-arrr !!

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse / WB9TIY / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: blckhole@ripco.com