Rohn Thrust Bearings

John D. Allen jallen@vhfcom.com
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 07:35:35 -0500

I have a TB3 that has been in use since 1980 on two towers, with 25
SQ of Wind Load.  It still works fine.

One Tower One, it was the second of two bearings, down about 2 feet
from the flat top plate.  The rotor was down another 2-3 feet
(marginal...).

On Tower two, it is the top and only bearing, with the rotor down
about 9 feet.

John, K1FWF