HQ-1 MINI-QUAD

Tony Brock-Fisher fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 10:13:47 -0400

Bob-
I don't have a mini-quad, but in general I would warn about using
silicone sealer in electronics applications. The standard silicone
bathtub sealer sold at Home Depot generates acetic acid as part of the
curing process, which explains the vinegar smell. The acid is corrosive,
which is NOT what you want for electronic applications! For electronics
applications, there are other types of silicone sealer which use different
curing processes that are non-corrosive. I don't remember the number,
but the stuff is called RTV, is gray, and doesn't smell like vinegar
when curing.

-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com