Setting laws of physics straight - grounding

Roger Grady k9opo@netusa1.net
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 20:50:36 -0500 (EST)

>snipped<
>
>    On the other hand, I'm sure there's a research grant in there somewhere
>to investigate positive electrons.  Wow, an anti-electron.  Maybe we can get
>some use out of that abandoned particle accelerator in Texas.

I'm not a physicist, but 'positive electrons', otherwise known as positrons,
having the same mass as an electron, but the opposite charge, are an
accepted fact. Don't think they have anything to do with lightning, however.
Since they are antimatter, and annihilate matter when they meet, a positron
lighting bolt might have a rather more spectacular effect that the ordinary
variety. Talk about fireworks!

Roger Grady  K9OPO