Band Reject Coaxial Stubs

Martin G. Mendelson III kg8qt@ix20.ix.netcom.com
Tue, 08 Oct 1996 20:40:45 -0400

Gary D. Elliott wrote:

> I would like to pick the brain of the experts - I would like to make up
> some coaxial stubs for field day next year to keep the 40 meter station out
> of the 20 meter station and the 20 phone station out of the 20 meter CW
> station etc. I have never tried this approach and not sure if the stubs
> should be shorted or open and electricaly how long for the various bands.
> Can somebody direct me to some reference material.  Can these stubs be
> tuned with the MFJ 249 or Auteck RF antenna machines ? how much attenuation
> can I expect to see ?  Appreciate any comments, Thanks
>
> 73 Gary
>

> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com

Gary, if you realy want to go that route OK. I found a company in
Indiana, I believe called I.C.E. (Industrial Communications Engineers)
that markets them for individual Ham bands or one for all ham bands.
prices range for the individuals around the thirty to forty dollar
range. Multi banders range around 200. Takes the guess work out of it
and they work real fine. Two clubs here in Michigan use them for Field
Day One ran 16A two years ago and 17A last year. The other ran 5A and
they worked great. Only problem comes when used with something like a
G5RV. They are strickly for use with resonant antennas.

I.C.E.
P.O. BOX 18495
Indianapolis, IN   46218-0495

1-800-ICE-COMM (1-800-423-2666)

I DO NOT IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM WORK FOR THEM AND DO NOT REALIZE ANY
KICKBACKS OR GRATUITIES FROM I.C.E. COMM.

Marty KG8QT