Da Birds and the Bees, Wasps etc.

Rasmussen@centuryinter.net Rasmussen@centuryinter.net
Mon, 14 Oct 96 14:42:35 GMT

To keep the un wanted out of of masts, tower legs, poles and holes,
I use an expandable foam insulation sold in most hardware and
building supply stores. It comes in a pressure can like spray paint
and has a nozzle for dispensing it into the cavity of choice.  I
have used it to seal up the mast my C-band dish sits on and the top
of my butternut vertical. (the cap long since died of UV exposure).
If you have air coming around your doors, windows, antenna cable
entrances, this stuff will seal it up tight.  The stuff continues to
expand for several minutes after it is shot in.   If you want to
fill the top of a large vertical mast, stuff some newspaper down the
mast four to six inches ( so you don't try to fill the whole mast)
and fill the top 3/4 full. After is has had a day or so to cure, you
can cut the excess off with a knife