a743 add on

Bill Hider n3rr@erols.com
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 17:43:47 -0700

Mike Meehan wrote:

> Jamie,
>
> I put an A4 up last year with the 744 40M add on and liked it alot.
> BW is typical of shortened antennas---pick cw or phone...
> Easy to assemble...Cant tell if perf of 10-20 was hurt as I put it
> up with 744 from the start. Still, antenna perf was about what you
> would expect from a 70' tall tribander...
>
> Kindest Regards,
>
> -Mike AK6N
>
> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com

I added a 743 to my A4-S  @ 55 ft in 1985.  Wow, what a performance
difference from a 40M inverted V!!  It actually has front-to-side dB!!

Certainly, it's still no better than a dipole, but worth every cent to
be able to rotate it!

I've since graduated to better antennas, but it's still installed on my
55 ft tower as a backup antenna.

Bill
n3rr@erols.com