Was it worth the wait...Trying again...Lifting a lot of weight?

Ronald D Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:23:34 -0400

>>David Clemons said in a previous post...
> considerably more expensive.  Don't use any of the polyethylene type ropes
> because, after a period of time in sunlight, small jagged pieces will
> flake off.  These pieces are incredibly sharp and will become embedded in
> your hand as you are using the rope.

Been there, done that...absolutely true (and painful)!

I used polyethylene to guy my vertical for just over a year.  It was
flaking in spots in just that time.  I took the antenna down to redo
the joints (steel wool and Noalox) and replaced the rope with dacron.
Later I grabbed the "discarded" poly to tie a rolled up mattress to
bring camping...not smart.  Poly splinters do not remove as well as
wood splinters do.

---
73 de N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><