[TowerTalk] Spring Tower Inspection & Maintenance! -Rep

n4si@pobox.com n4si@pobox.com
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 02:45:21 +0000

> I've never seen a spec for the distance to the first Crosby Clip,
> but -- obviously -- 12 inches was much too not close enough!

Frank, I know there is a spec for 6 x diameter for spacing between
Crosby clips; can't remember anything in that area about the first
space. I always assumed that the first clip needed to be close enough
to the thimble to prevent the wire riding out of it with lateral
force applied. Sounds like that's what happened with yours.

Thanks for sharing your plight of having ALL of those towers to
check!

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996