From: Terry Dunlap
To: K4OJ@aol.com; TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] To grout or not to grout (tower leg bolts)
Date: Wednesday, April 02, 1997 12:18AM

The main structural difference between grout and concrete is that grout is
a non-shrink cementitous product.  This is true whether or not the grout is
metallic or non-metallic.  This allows the grout to be "installed" in it's
final position without it shrinking back during the setting process.  Most
grouts can be mixed so that they can be "flowed" under the baseplate or
mixed
so that it can be "dry-packed" under the base plate or leveling fixture.
The
choice depends on your particular application.  Normally, metallic grout is
used in "repetitive motion" applications such as machinery with
considerable
vibration.  I don't believe that a tower would require this type.

73 de Terry KK6T