[TowerTalk] Stacks of tribanders

Barry Kutner w2up@Op.Net
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:49:44 +0000

On 14 Apr 97, K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com> wrote:

> 1.  What spacing do you like and why?

Mine are at 40 and 76 ft. Tower is 75 ft, TH7 just above top, and
402CD 9 ft above that. With guys wires, could have gone 35 to 45
feet. Picked 40 for no good reason other than others thought it was
a good height.
> 2.  Is it a real installation or one that you've
modeled that looks good?
Real, not modelled.
> 3.  How do you switch antennas or do you have to
(want to)?
Use DX Engineering Univ Phase box, with U/L/Both switch. 95% of time
both in, so if trying to conserve $$, I'd skip the relays and just
use the transformer.

Barry Kutner, W2UP                           Internet: w2up@op.net
Newtown, PA                   FRC            alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com