[TowerTalk] Where is all the energy gone?

Monte Stark ku7y@sage.dri.edu
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 07:25:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mario,

Please notice that this was posted only as an observation and
my GUESS as to what was really happening.

(That 24' pipe worked well enough on 40m to let me work VK0IR
with 100w!)

Last night I hooked the feedline from the pipe to the yagi
sitting on saw horses, about 2.5 feet above the ground.

There were 2 stations from EU.

The S meter was bouncing up to about S7 on noise peaks and the
2 EU stations were about Q3 when using the DX77.

On the yagi the meter didn't go much above S2 on peaks but
the 2 EU stations were Q5.  Very big improvment in S/N ratio.

Is this the same type of results one sees with a low beverage
for RX?

Yagi is a new Force12 C4SXL/H in case anyone cares.

Again, the above is only an observation and I can only guess
at what makes the differences!

Now if only that improvment in S/N ratio will be half that good
when the yagi is at 85'!!

cul,

73, Ron,     SOWP 5545M,

.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark.....
....ku7y@sage.dri.edu...........Washoe Lake, Nevada....
....QRP-L #17...ARS #49...NorCal #330.....NRA LIFE.....