[TowerTalk] Need Ideas for 2-band Dipole

David Clemons dave@egh.com
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:46:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bob,

	I think all you need to do is have an inverted V cut for 80,
another cut for 160, and connect them all to the same coax feedpoint.
The band you are operating will determine which two legs are radiating
(because the other two will be a bad impedance match).  I have done this
successfully with 80/40 many times over the years, and also did it with
20/15 and 160/40.  Although I never tried it with 160/80, I see no reason
why it won't work.  (I think 40/15 might not function as expected because
40 meter antennas typically are also fairly resonant on 15).

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT

p.s. By the way, congratulations on being #1 in the 1997 ARRL 10 Meter
     Contest in CW HP!