[TowerTalk] Re: Top Guy Location

Paul Nyland paulnyl@teleport.com
Thu, 07 Aug 1997 22:08:57 -0700

Personally I don't like the guys at the very top of the tower
because it makes it much harder to work up there. Even if they
are just three feet down it makes a world of difference. That
way I can move around the tower easily and work much faster.
Most ham towers have so much stuff going on right there that
there is already a big clutter of feedlines, control lines,
turning loops, coax switches, etc. As far as twisting goes,
if there is that much problem,the tower should have a triangle
on it with dual guys. Also if you put the guys at the very top
and plan on tramming up antennas, it makes the job more difficult,
and you have to move your tram cable farther up the mast. If
you don't have a very stout mast this becomes more dangerous,
even with a back guy.
Be Safe,
Paul
K7PN/5V7PN