[TowerTalk] [Fwd: Request for Tower Calcs]

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:16:57 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-08-14 16:06:05 EDT, kentt@score.com (Kent Tiburski)

>  Was wondering if anyone had a copy of the engineering calcs that
>  satisfy the Uniform Building Code, or any of your local codes, for a
>  HG-55S tower?  Have a new ham, VHFer, that has one and wants to put it
>  up.  Problem is that some local Civil Engineers want lots of cash to do
>  the calcs but one will sign existing calcs if recent.  Would save him a
>  lot of money.  Thanks in advance!
     How about contacting the manufacturer, Hy-Gain? Their phone number is
402-467-5321 and ask for the amateur department. I don't know if they're
currently charging for the calcs or not.

     Your local PE may wind up re-calculating everything for you. Do you know
what wind zone you're in?

73,  Steve   K7LXC

      TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search