[TowerTalk] Re: Heat Shrink diameters

John Brosnahan broz@csn.net
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 09:46:15 -0600 (MDT)

>  Dear OM Ed:
>  I just looked up "heat shrink tubing" on Alta Vista search engine,
>  and got 470 hits.  Briefly scanned it, and looks like 1" diameter
>  is the max.  You can buy the stuff in every color imaginable, and
>  it is available in different wall thicknesses, temperature ranges,
>  and the like.
>
>  Yuo may consider scanning those 470 hits and see if someone has larger
>  diameters.
>
>  Good luck & 73
>  Dale  K5MM
>
>At 08:08 PM 8/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Am working on a coil loaded 40 meter beam. Does anyone know the
>>largest size heat-shrink tubing available?... ( actually, will need
>>something in the 2-3" range.

The Anixter catalog shows Raychem Heat Shrink tubing going
up to 2.7 inches ID and they may not show all of the sizes available
directly from Raychem.  These tubings are available with or without
a sealant coating inside.  Raychem TCS-27-12-S  or TCS-27-48-S
where the 27 is ID (2.7 inches) the 12 or 48 is the length (12 or 48
inches) and S is with sealant.

73  John  W0UN