[TowerTalk] Re: MORE on: Heat Shrink

Jan & Del Seay seay@Alaska.NET
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 11:07:37 -0800 (AKDT)

Heat shrink is not a good moisture barrier for connectors. CATV used
it for some time and the results were not good.
The Bell Blue Book says the wrapping next to the connector is the
important barrier, If it leaks, corrosion results. Heat shrink
is great to cover the moisture sealed connector and gives a lot
of mechanical stability.
de KL7HF