[TowerTalk] Bamboo towers?

alsopb@vance.net alsopb@vance.net
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 13:06:06 -0500

Guys,

Watching the Hong Kong construction workers building and working off of
bamboo scaffolding 800' in the air made me wonder.

Anybody out there have a bamboo tower?

I can imagine one build like a windmill tower. The xyl could plant
morning glorys around the legs and the neighbors would be happy.  An
ecologically pleasing tower....
It's not really a radio tower but a plant trellis and hence does not
fall under tower building ordinances.

Of course your xyl (if she doesn't appreciate your hobby) could plant
Kuzu vines at the base.  (Kuzu= the vine that conquered the south) .
Within a year the vine will strangle your 100' tower, rotor and antenna.

de Brian/K3KO
Vance Net Inc
End Of Message