[TowerTalk] 3 High Stack Switching

Barry Kutner w2up@itw.com
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 01:40:03 +0000

On 25 Aug 97, Bud <k4isv@westky.com> wrote:

> > I have several  HF stacks -  many in use for 20 plus years.  I also have
> the
> WX0B switch and it certainly works FB ( on one set of antennas).  I would
> like
> to mention that on a very very high percentage of contacts the ALL position
> is the best!  Sometimes it is even with another combination but ALMOST
> NEVER
> worse than any other combination.  For that simple reason most of my stacks
> are now without switching----- just one less thing to worry about during a
> contest!
>
> Often simple works best!
> 73,bud- k4isv

I have found the same thing on my 2 stack of TH7s. If I had to do
it again, the only reason I would do the upper/lower/both switch, is
for when I point the 2 Yagis in different directions. Most commonly -
lower one at Caribb to find the mults while nulling out EU.
73 Barry

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com