[TowerTalk] RF & DC coupling/decoupling

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 01:03:37 -0600

I have checked my resources here in the shack (ARRL Handbook and ARRL
Antenna Handbook and beaucoup issues of old QST's) and find nothing to help
me in my quest to the following question:

What components are needed to couple/decouple a DC control voltage (13.8v)
on a coaxial cable which will also carry 500 W RF?

Does anyone have a working system  such as this?  I've seen them
referenced/described in the past, but now that I need it, I can't find any
info on it.

What component values of C1, L1, C2 and L2 work?  Are there any other
additional components used?  If you have such a system, are you been
satisfied with the performance?

I have a marine vertical antenna and automatic antenna tuner at the end of a
600 foot run of 7/8" hard-line.  Rather than install a power supply in a
nearby rooftop equipment room, I would like to see if coupling/decoupling
the DC would work in it's place.

Thanks in advance for any information.

(apologies if this is not Tower related, but they won't let me put up a
tower on the roof directly above the station).

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u