[TowerTalk] RF & DC coupling/decoupling

T A RUSSELL n4kg@juno.com
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:58:04 -0600

Dale -

You neglected to mention the frequency (frequencies?) that will be
present
on the feedline.

It is fairly easy to simply put an inductor from the center wire of the
coax
to the DC supply and DC load with sufficient L to isolate the RF from DC.
An absolute minimum value for XL would be 500 ohms, preferably higher,
say 5000 ohms.  You will probably want a good RF by-pass capacitor on
the DC side of each coil.

Another approach is to use a parallel resonant circuit (coil and
capacitor)
between the center wire of the coax and the DC source and load, again
with an RF bypass capacitor to ground on the DC side.  This reduces
the size of the coil needed but will only work on a single frequency.

de  Tom  N4KG