Concord - A Turn For The Worse

Alfred J. Frugoli ke1fo@contesting.com
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 21:28:28 +0000

>  They suggest that the applicant pursue less obtrusive antennas such as "flat
> panels, small dishes, and shorter monopoles without cross elements" (whatever
> that means).

It seems that the pannel is not informed on the frequencies you are
oprating on and the antenna requirements for sucessfull/efficient
operation.  It would seem to me that if this was explained in terms of
being able to communicate outside a disaster area (i.e. outside the
affected area after an earthquake), and the antennas necessary for this
type of communication it might change their tune.  I used to live in CA
and earthquakes are something  most everyone understands.

They are telling you to use a dish and a dipole on 2M!  Show them a dish
for 2M that will give you the same gain as that yagi and they'll let you
have the beam!
--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries