[TowerTalk] Cushcraft 40 addon for A3 tribander

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:59:29 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-07-27 09:13:04 EDT, trbarber@mt.arias.net (Tommy
Barber) writes:

> I am considering the purchase of the 40 Meter addon for the Cushcraft A3
>  tribander.  Has anyone on the list used this addition?  What results did
>  you obtain?  Were you satisfied with the results?  Any comments good or
bad
>  will be appreciated.

Hi, Tom --

    I used to be anti-add-on because of the cost and performance (negative
gain compared to a full-sized dipole) but users and a recent installation
have convinced me that it's probably worth it.

    The A3 w/add-on was A-B'ed to a trap dipole at the same height and the
rotatable dipole was frequently stronger. Add the ability to rotate it and
null noise off the ends and you've got a worthwhile investment.

73,  Steve  K7LXC