[TowerTalk] (Fwd) (Fwd) Tape differences

Donnie Murray (KE4RNA) ke4rna@Traveller.COM
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:10:46 +0000

From:             innovation@mmm.com
Date sent:        Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:05:12 -0500
To:               ke4rna@traveller.com
Subject:          Re: (Fwd) Re: [TowerTalk] (Fwd) Re: tape differences

My audience is growing!!  First of all in comparison of the 33+ and
Super 88 to the "old" 33 and 88, we changed over to offer a more
flexible backing for better handling.  While the backing changed the
mil thickness has remained the same.  The 33+ is a 7 mil and the Super
88 is 8.5 mil.  The old tapes did have a "stiffer" feel.   A few years
ago we changed the adhesive on both the 33+ and Super 88 to provide
better cold handling capabilities.  It is the same adhesive for both.
Through our market research we have noted very strong user prefrence
for each of these tapes.  We do not claim that either one is a
"better" tape.  It is personal preference as to which handles your
application better. Generally we regard the 33+ tape as having greater
flexibility and the Super 88 as having greater mechanical strenght.
It is very interesting to hear feedback on any of our products in the
Electrical Division. Keep those cards and letters coming!!!  Our
division will have our own web pages within about a month.  Currently
questions come in through our corporate home page.  Our site will have
a catalog as well as distributor information.  Please keep in touch
and thanks for your interest in 3M.

Holly