[TowerTalk] Re: system sought for electrically steerable vertical array.

Patrick Croft mai@iquest.net
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:38:04 -0400 (EDT)

Bob,
Many articles have been written for constructing phase shifting boxes, and,
the 'electrically steerable' system I think you are referring to was by
K5RR, Dick Fenwick, a time delay design, which only enjoyed a couple years
on the amateur market.  ElectroSpace Systems (aka E-Systems) became good
friends with the gov't and guess who spends the most money?  Dick owned
E-Systems until selling to Raytheon......cross your fingers Dick will get
bored and return to playing in the amateur antenna area.  BTW - the patents
are now Raytheons per a quick browse I did.

You may find the system also referred to by the name OMEGA and the steering
box was a model 2000C.  A series of verticals was also offered, and these
are battleship strong.  In one of the ARRL Antenna Conpendium books a
article appears with all th design details you'll need to copy the Fenwick
idea fo your use.

Anyone with pieces of the old Omega system that reads, I'd love to talk to
you!  Also, the HV2 and HV5 verticals would be of high interest to me!!!

Another source for phase shifting is available via the website links on the
Broadcast Net.  Point your search engine towards it.  If you wish, I'll pull
look tonight and give you specific magazine details to review for the
various roller inductor and T matched phase boxes that I have filed.

Bests,

Patrick
WB9IQI