[TowerTalk] seismic calcs for tower

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:00:54 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-03-01 16:52:34 EST, JC_Smith@designlink.com (JC Smith)
writes:

<< Just wondering...  has anyone else run into the requirement for seismic
load
 calcs before a permit for a tower will be issued?  US Tower tells me they
 have never heard of it and yet the county engineer (Contra Costa County,
East
 SF Bay Area) rejected by permit application because they were not done.  Is
 this the "new thing" with building departments now?  >>

    That's a new one on me.  But not surprising since you're in an earthquake
region.  Ask to see ALL the pertinent building regulations before you go any
further.  Also, I have an excellent reprint by NA1L about the various
building department/regulations that may prove to be valuable.  An SASE to
TOWER TECH, Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072, will get you  a free copy.  It's
the best article I've seen on the topic.

73,  Steve  K7LXC