[TowerTalk] Rain Static - Anything to Do?

Frank Donovan donovanf@sgate.com
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:21:29 -0500 (EST)

Pete,
We also had severe precipitation static.  It only affects my 200 foot high
antennas, and we can listen in peace on the lower antennas and Beverages,
so it did not affect our score at all (I wish I could say the same about
this weekend's propagation, but that's another story...)!

I use completely independent transmitting and receiving antenna
selection, so listening on an unaffected antenna was very easy.  The top
antennas were totally useless for receiving for several hours, but we
continued to transmit on them when desired.
73
Frank
W3LPL
donovanf@sgate.com