[TowerTalk] Phased Loops ?

wstrahl@lucent.com wstrahl@lucent.com
5 Mar 97 10:45:00 -0600

I'm presently using a delta-loop fed 1/4 wave down one side for 80m.
It's hung off my tower at about 80' up.  For next season I'd like to
have a bit more OOMPF (tm) if I can figure out some other options
that don't need the real estate of a 4-square.  I was considering
hanging another delta-loop from the same point on the tower and pulling
the bases apart to make a 2-el tilted loop parasitic array or feeding
both with a phasing system.  Before I start modeling I thought I'd ask
if anyone here has done that/tryed that already and what were the results
you achieved ?  In your opinions, is this idea worth pursuing further ?
Does the tower right in the middle of something really mess up all the
nice calculations ?  All opinions appreciated....

Wayne - W9II    wstrahl@nwsca.nw.lucent.com