[TowerTalk] Tower Rust removal

Del Seay seay@Alaska.NET
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 06:34:42 -0800

Instead of all of the "elbow-grease" used in removing rust, take a look
at the chemical that is used in the auto industry.
I don't know the chemical action involved, but they have a jelly-like
substance that reacts with rust and changes it to a very hard, enamel
like substance. It becomes a protective cover and can be directly
painted over.
It can be bought at stores like NAPA, etc in small bottles, but it is
fairly spendy (3 or 4 bucks a bottle) but I understand it is available
in it's generic name at chemical houses in 5 gallon buckets for about
the same amount.
I've used it on auto rust and it is amazing. Never again will rust
appear where it has been used. (Anchorage is on the coast in a heavy
salt/rust environment)
de KL7HF