[TowerTalk] TelRex Rotor

Cathy Elizabeth D'Entremont cdent@tenet.edu
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:42:38 -0600 (CST)

John (et al):
	As I recall, I obtained the ph. # a year or so ago by calling
Directory Assistance for Asbury Park.  I'd offer to give it to you but
I think I tossed it shortly after I made the call.  The individual that
answered seemed <REAL> surprised that I was calling.  My purpose in
doing so was to try to <buy> a set of documents for the TB-6EM tri-bander.
The response that I got was less than enthusiastic in a couple of ways:
#1)  That the antenna was "so simple to put together that I didn't NEED
any instructions" and #2) that "after all...they HAD been out of business
for a NUMBER of years."  The overall feeling I got was that it would not
be worth my while to try to call back again.
	Good luck in your quest; I still feel like the antennna <was> one
of the best constructed ever built (with <was> as the operative word, un-
fortunately).  Every one I've ever seen looks like it was built to take a
direct thermonuclear hit.  Only wish I had some security in the thought
that I could obtain traps if ever needed (as I understand the traps in the
tri-banders were the <one> weak link in the Telrex line).

73, Gerald D'Entremont  W5BA
cdent@tenet.edu