[TowerTalk] link tuners

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 07:34:46 -0500 (EST)

I have saved some 55 messages so far related to interest in the
re-emergence of a link-coupled tuner on the market--and I know some did
not get saved along the way.  Interest is split between low and high power
versions.  An interesting sidelight is that over half express interest in
a kit--perhaps because it is something macroscopic that can be built
without a magnifier and with hands instead of tweezers--either that, or an
urge to save some money along the way.

Since most background accounts of link tuners have gotten truncated in
modern handbooks, I am working on a leisurely tutorial on link tuner
principles and practices--so leisurely that it probably will not be on
line until just before 1998.  It will be too long to publish in any of the
magazines.

Thought folks might like an update on the subject.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu