[TowerTalk] MAST

T. A. Russell n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 16:35:50 -0600

See additional question at end -  de  N4KG

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 10:15:20 -0700 Ken Fisher <kfisher@inreach.com>
writes:
>with
>sticking
>Ken
>> |
>> | If that is a 2" O.D. 6061-T6 mast, my calculations predict
>> | failure at 55 miles per hour if the wind is in line with the
>> | two antennas. You have been lucky so far.
>> |
>> | Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
>> | K6LL@juno.com
>> |
>  If you look real close you will see steel guys from
>the boom ends on the 40mtr beam down to the mast
>just above the 20mtr beam. This is my margin of safety
>and with the top guying on the 40 gives a nice diamond
>effect of guying.  Ken
>
>--

The  maximum bending moment will be at the exit point of the tower.
Please explain how guying the boom of the TOP antenna on the mast
back to the mast provides any margin of safety.

de  Tom  N4KG