[TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] Current Baluns for 4SQ verticals

Jim Harvey n0av@netins.net
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 00:29:36 -0500

I have been using an 80M wire 4 square array for about a year. It was originally constructed using
commercial center insulators with an SO239 connector. I would like to add a current balun at the
feedpoint of each vertical as recommended by ON4UN. John's article mentions a current balun kit
from The Wireman. This method would replace my center insulators completely. Radio Works has
a current balun, the 4KV-LI (now replaced by the T-4 I believe) which would be an easier install, more
or less a "plug & play". Which of these is the better option or is there a better approach yet?

Jim  N0AV