[TowerTalk] Connector insertion loss

Steve Daniel daniels@bellsouth.net
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 21:42:49 -0500

I thank everyone who took the time to reply to my inquiry about the use
of splices with PL-259's at HF frequencies. The consensus is at 30 mhz
and below a well made splice with PL-259's and double female connectors
does not introduce enough of an impedance bump to create significant
change in the operating characteristics of the cable. A couple of people
suggested that N type connectors were more reliable but several others
pointed out potential shortcomings of this type of connector. Again,
thanks for the prompt and informative input. 73, Steve, NN4T.