[TowerTalk] Water out!!

N. S. FIRESTONE w3svj@juno.com
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:16:23 -0400

Still looking for a lubricant that will sink to the bottom of my rotating
tower casing and displace water that's trying to beat up the cone bearing
at the bottom.
I'm a bit confused by some of the suggestions, if those products are
indeed heavier than water:
why are the condensate drain petcocks on the bottom of the "152" wing
tanks?
why are the oil slicks on the Ohio river on the surface of the water?
why are the fuel oil tanks at our radio club sloped and the drain valve
positioned at that low spot for condensate removal?
It appears to me that everything from AV gas to heating oil floats
(including bunker oil) on water.
Am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

73 de Nate, W3SVJ@juno.com