[TowerTalk] Slump testing?

w2xx@cloud9.net w2xx@cloud9.net
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:06:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, K7LXC wrote:

>       Since Rohn specs call for 3000 psi in 28 days, why the hangup on whether
> you've got 4000 or 5000 concrete? You're only talking about a yard or less of
> concrete anyway.

True, but I am pouring a base for 120 feet of AB-105 and three guy
anchor points...more like 7.5 yards total.

The plans filed with the building dept. call for 4000 PSI. The 5000
rating is just insurance.  I figured if it takes longer than I had
hoped to pump the concrete 300 feet into 4 different holes, I won't
be compromising strength if I have to add a little water to add
workability time.  All I need is to clog up a $100,000 concrete
pump...

>      Besides if you can't depend on your concrete supplier, who can you count
> on?

True...those cement shoes last forever!

73, J.P.
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."