[TowerTalk] Without Benefit of Concrete

Robert Hummel rhummel@cheshire.net
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:56:51 -0400

>> I have nearly the same situation you describe. 50' of 25G bracketed to the
>> house. Base is 4 ft in the ground, buried in 1.5-inch crushed stone. No
>> guys installed -- none needed. No concrete -- no compression, none needed.
>
>Bob, out of curiosity, how many house brackets and at what height?

One bracket about 3 feet below the peak of the roof (where the extension of
both tower sides project onto the house). I used stock angle iron and
U-bolts. Inside, 2x10 backing plate tied via cable to another spot interior
to the house frame and more rugged than then end gable.

Robert L. Hummel (WS1A)
rhummel@cheshire.net