[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors

Kurt Andress NI6W@yagistress.minden.nv.us
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:42:50 -0700

> From: clive penna <clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk>
> To: towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors
> Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 10:57 AM
>
> Does any one know what the casing metal is on a prop pitch motor,
> also i need a set of brushes any help appreciated. Clive GM3POI

Clive,
I've been rebuilding these things for fifteen years. I always treat
the cases with Alodine before painting. The way the case material
reacts with the Alodine leads me to believe they are cast aluminum. It is
possible that they could be magnesium but I doubt
it, because the material acts more like aluminum when drilled..
Brushes are as rare as rocking horse droppings. There is an early model
Ford brush that can be adapted, using the prop pitch
spring and washer that solders to the copper lead. Try the auto
parts store.
73, Kurt