[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors

Rick Mainhart mainhart@juno.com
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:23:56 -0400

Check with your local motor rebuilding shop and have them cut the brushes
for you. Our local "Fleet Hardware" can handle this task on a walk-in
basis. It DOES help if you have the old brush and an approximate length
required.

Hmmm ... sideline business pushing prop pitch brushes?

73,

Rick, WB3EXR

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:42:50 -0700 "Kurt Andress"
<NI6W@yagistress.minden.nv.us> writes:

>> From: clive penna <clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk>
>> To: towertalk@contesting.com
>> Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors
>> Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 10:57 AM
>>
>> Does any one know what the casing metal is on a prop pitch motor,
>> also i need a set of brushes any help appreciated. Clive GM3POI
>>
>Clive,
>I've been rebuilding these things for fifteen years. I always treat
>the cases with Alodine before painting. The way the case material
>reacts with the Alodine leads me to believe they are cast aluminum. It
>is
>possible that they could be magnesium but I doubt
>it, because the material acts more like aluminum when drilled..
>Brushes are as rare as rocking horse droppings. There is an early
>model
>Ford brush that can be adapted, using the prop pitch
>spring and washer that solders to the copper lead. Try the auto
>parts store.
>73, Kurt
>
>--
>Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]