[TowerTalk] Flat top vs Inv Vee

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:51:44 EDT

In a message dated 98-08-22 08:20:09 EDT, n4kg@juno.com writes:

> My "feeling" based on various inverted vee's I have used or competed
>  against is that there is a noticable difference in performace going from
>  70 ft or less to 90 ft or more.   When the support(s) are 70 or less,
>  it appears to be worthwhile to raise the ends as high as possible.

      Okay. I've got a 100 foot tower. Would I be better off with sloping
dipoles (feedpoints at 60-70 feet but a straight dipole) or an inverted vee
with the feedpoint at 100 feet? Input appreciated. I'm ignoring the
application/path (dx or domestic) and am just looking at
efficiency/effectiveness.

Cheers & tnx,  Steve  K7LXC