[TowerTalk] CC X-7 and -9

Jim amcastmis@earthlink.net
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:04:31 -0700

--------------F0942B95B5FBE733833CB8AE

Hi Gene,

I haven't modeled it but I have used it.  My X9 seems to works fairly
good on 17.  I haven't tried it on 12 since the band is rarely open when
I'm home.  On 17, it appears to have some gain, at least I'm getting
fairly good reports.  The front-to-back and front-to-side does seems to
be way down from the other bands though.  Maybe it's working more like a
dipole.  Also, it does require that the tuner be used.  On 17, it's
around 3-1 before tuning.  Therefore, I've only run it with 100 watts
since I have no tuner after the amp.  Probably not the greatest antenna
for these bands but it does work at least.

73's
Jim
WB6YAW

spelunk.sueno wrote:

>  Has anyone modeled the X-7 or X-9 for performance on 17 and 24
> meters?  The 4L LP array ought to cover the ranges, but the gain, F/B,
> etc. will likely be somewhat reduced.  Or is this product too new for
> TT to have modeled it.  Thanks.  Gene Smar AD3F

--------------F0942B95B5FBE733833CB8AE

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Hi Gene,

<P>I haven't modeled it but I have used it.&nbsp; My X9 seems to works
fairly good on 17.&nbsp; I haven't tried it on 12 since the band is rarely
open when I'm home.&nbsp; On 17, it appears to have some gain, at least
I'm getting fairly good reports.&nbsp; The front-to-back and front-to-side
does seems to be way down from the other bands though.&nbsp; Maybe it's
working more like a dipole.&nbsp; Also, it does require that the tuner
be used.&nbsp; On 17, it's&nbsp; around 3-1 before tuning.&nbsp; Therefore,
I've only run it with 100 watts since I have no tuner after the amp.&nbsp;
Probably not the greatest antenna for these bands but it does work at least.

<P>73's
<BR>Jim
<BR>WB6YAW

<P>spelunk.sueno wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000">Has anyone modeled the
X-7 or X-9 for performance on 17 and 24 meters?&nbsp; The 4L LP array ought
to cover the ranges, but the gain, F/B, etc. will likely be somewhat reduced.&nbsp;
Or is this product too new for TT to have modeled it.&nbsp; Thanks.</FONT>&nbsp;&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000">Gene
Smar AD3F</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>