[TowerTalk] Need Comments on F12- 6M, 10M and 40M ants & a Boomer

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 23:56:20 -0800

Hi Mike,

Something seem wrong with your area numbers for the beams
you are planning to use.  I have not seen the Force 12
literature on those antennas, but I know an average 20 meter
element has about 2 square feet.  I believe a 40 meter
element would have somewhat more than twice that (full size)
so a full size three element 40 meter beam on a 30 foot boom
should have about 15 square feet of wind area.  I'd double
check those figures . . .  In fact, if those ARE Force 12
numbers, I'd recalculate them myself to make sure I agree
with them.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com