[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Programs

Pat **W0OPW** w0opw@hotmail.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:04:55 PST

 I'm also a fan of AO(from K6STI).  Configurations are built using
geometry instead of absolute coordinates.  This speeds up analysis to
the where I can run multi definitions very rapidly. By geometry, the
input 'deck' has basic algebra plus SIN, COS, and SQR functions.
Variables can be deined and then the 'optimizer' option is invoked to
massage the variables to yield the best design based on what your
after(SWR, GAIN, etc).  There is a nice GUI(User interface) to DOS with
1 letter commands for: Edit, Gain, Plot, View, Three-D view, etc.
 Antenna building was never so nice !!!
  Pat W0OPW