[TowerTalk] 40 m 2elt. beam

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad@inet.uni2.dk
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:46:23 +0100

>I was thinking of putting up a 2 elt. beam instead (40-2CD or similar).
>But I can only put it up about 16 m high. Does anyone have experience with
the performance of 40m beams this high (or low !) ?

>Is it worth the trouble/money for the beam + a heavier rotor or should I
>try to put up a sloper system ?

I had a 40-2CD before changing to Force12 Magnum, and it was on my
telescopic Versatower at 20 meters. One morning on 40 CW when I worked a ZL2
long path I asked for a comparative report when I reduced the height to 10
meters. It was abt 3 dB.

I would invest. It made 40 almost sound like  20  !     hi

73   Rag  OZ8RO

Rag Otterstad OZ8RO  Copenhagen suburb: Birkerod
Also  JW5HE  LA5HE. Previously held :  G5BHQ  HB9XCG

Collector of W.W.2 German military radio sets, clandestine sets all periods,
cipher equipment.

Adress: Hosterkobvej 10.  DK 3460 Birkerod, Denmark

Tel :   ++45-4281 5205 evenings.  ++45-4497 3366 daytime.

I work for MEC A/S, manufacturer of high quality and good looking pushbutton
switches.
If you are designing electronics equipment and have an interest in switches
please check the homepage at :
HTTP://WWW.MEC.DK

To know more about my ham radio background try my personal homepage :
HTTP://WWW.WEBSPAWNER.COM/USERS/OZ8RO/