[TowerTalk] 160 inv. L directivity?

Mike Nash, NO6X no6x@inreach.com
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 23:16:40 -0800

Well the inevitable has happened, I am moving somwhere that antennas are
accepted as "whatever you wanna do".
I knew if I waited long ewnough I would find something for rent like that.
now the question:
does the directivity of a 160 meter inv. L really make that big of a
difference?
the reason for asking is I can make it easy and just run it, however it
would be pointed 210 degrees, and from the west coast that equates to
nothing. If I try to run it pointing at 30 degrees, which will at least get
me something, I need to find a way to run the feedline about 300 feet
across asphalt.
Any ideas?
Hints?
Better antenna plans?
Thanks
Mike Nash...NO6X

Finally no neighbors, can use radio, and pee in my own yard...this must be
the american dream!
A Keyring, what a handy gadget. It allows me to lose all of my keys at one
time.