[TowerTalk] Towtec Tower Electric Winch

Harvey Hiller hhiller@cts.com
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 06:17:44 +0000

Hi All

I believe there was a posting on this reflector within the last few months
that made inquiries about the Towtec electric winch.  Any information
regarding this product, if it is still made and distributed, would be
greatly appreciated.  I've found the unit that I do have to be very useful
for the limited raising and lowering of my Wilson MT-61 and would like to
use another for a smaller TT-45 tower.
The original unit is in need of some repair parts and a source would be
very helpful if anyone has one.

There might be some alternatives if one was will to do a 120v to 12v power
supply.  What I'm referring to are winches used on off-road vehicles.  The
catalog I've been looking at is from Northern Tool & Equipment
(http://www.northern-online.com), formerly Northern Hydraulic (NH).  There
is also a possible alternative to the Towtec unit mention above.  The unit
operates on 120v and is made by Dutton-Lainson; it will lift 4,000 lbs
vertically and has a 584:1 gear ratio (slow but workable).

If you have an opinion or information relating to the subject your comments
would be appreciated.  I'm getting to old for this hand cranking s---.

Thanks in advance,
Harv, KD6QK