[TowerTalk] 80m rotatable dipole

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:27:16 -0500 (EST)

> This question is only about the interaction between the antennas. Will
> there have enough
> seperation?

Answer... model it.  I'm in the process of modelling interaction between
antennas on DIFFERENT towers.  Seperation of as much as 180'.  I still see
interaction.  Some worse than others depending on the antennas and
frequencies involved.

> I'm tired of having to ask these kinds of questions. Does modeling software
> exist that would answer them for me? That is affordable to the normal human?

I'm using AO by K6STI.  It has a nice optimization routine in it and once
you get used to using the XYZ coordinate system for defining your
antennas, it's a snap to use.

Now the big question for your situation will be modelling the 80M rotary.
I assume it has linear loading.  This will be difficult to model
correctly.

73 & GL

Bill, W4AN