[TowerTalk] US Tower -- Pully Replacement?

Larry Burke lburke@wt.net
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 08:00:26 -0600

Charlie --

It's not clear from your note whether you are chastising me for asking this
question of the reflector or criticizing US Tower for not including this
information in their literature. In either case, your reply offers little in
the way of constructive information. Let me clear a few things up:

(1) If it really matters, the tower cost $1,400 not $10K.

(2) I am the original owner and have the original paperwork. The manual
makes no reference to replacement of the pulleys, only the cable. I never
said there was, as you put it, "NOT ONE WORD of instructions".

(3) A factory rep told me it was NOT necessary to replace the pulleys along
with the cables. HOWEVER...

(4) I was turning to TowerTalk to seek advice from those who have actually
USED the equipment NOT just those who have built it. Geeze, I thought that
was what the reflector was all about... sharing PRACTICAL experiences. If we
could get EVERYTHING from a manual NOONE would need the reflector.

To those of you who have offered some useful feedback, I'd like to take this
opportunity to say "thanks". Seems the pulleys do need attention, despite
the manufacturer's comments. At least one individual told me the story of
complete pulley failure due to neglect. I could relate to his useful
explanation given the particular problem I am having. Thanks all (well,
almost all)!

Larry WI5A