[TowerTalk] Relative merits

Jay, WX0B wx0b@arraysolutions.com
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:32:09 -0600

--------------2F07C6F2A26C34C85C41307E

Bad Idea OM.

Rohn rates 25G as stackable to 30ft with no antennas.

Jay

--
+-----------------+---------------------------------------------+
| ARRAY SOLUTIONS | Jay Terleski email: wx0b@arraysolutions.com |

--------------2F07C6F2A26C34C85C41307E

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Bad Idea OM.

<P>Rohn rates 25G as stackable to 30ft with no antennas.

<P>Jay

<P>Scott Shue wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>Hi all</FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>I'm
in the process of installing (it's laying on the ground in sections&lt;G>)
60 feet of Rohn 25G and have been following the wind load and ect. discussions
on this tower with interest. What I am thinking of putting up is a VHF
array consisting of 2 13B2 on sideband, one directly above the other (with
proper spacing!), and 2 11 element Cushcraft yagis on FM on a cross boom.
I live in EM27cm and concerned about wind and proper guying or the need
for it. I've been told that with no more than I am putting up, that this
tower would be self supporting. True or false?? Also, since I am a weight
challanged ham ( read that as fat&lt;G>), I don't climb towers. So I was
considering either a tilt over at base type or a Hazer, or a combination
of both.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>Thanx for your time.</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>Scott
Shue</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>KB0YRC</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1><A HREF="mailto:scottshue@terraworld.net">scottshue@terraworld.net</A></FONT>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>| ARRAY SOLUTIONS | Jay Terleski email: wx0b@arraysolutions.com |
<BR>|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WX0B&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A HREF="http://www.arraysolutions.com">http://www.arraysolutions.com</A>&nbsp; |
<BR>&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>